Monday, August 25, 2008

Princess Chunk- Highlights a "Growing" issue for Cats




Seems “Princess Chunk” is quite a celebrity. Cat owners and non-cat owners alike know all about this fat cat’s story. While the media has been taking the weird/funny angle to this story (which is partly), it appears many are ignoring the larger problem; Cats are getting unhealthily big. Princess Chunk (or is it Prince? I heard someone forgot to check) is just an example of a growing problem. As a cat furniture manufacturer, I hear about this issue more and more directly from cat owners. I get many inquires into the size of my products because of the concerns that their cat is just too big to fit. And I’m not talking about Maine Coons. These are average size breeds at an unaverage weight. This is leading me to make our products larger to accommodate these expanding cats.

We have some tips to keep your cat fit and trim in an old issue of our Vet Q&A. Please take a look here for some ideas to keep your Prince or Princess light on their paws, and healthy.

No comments: